Saturday 12 May 2012

Emma (2009)

Emma Woodhouse, beautiful, clever and rich, has very little to concern her.  When her governess marries advantageously, Emma congratulates herself on her great success as a matchmaker.  So, when she meets the pretty, naive and socially inferior Harriet, Emma is ready to practise her skills again - ignoring warnings of the harm she could cause from her friend and neighbour, Mr. Knightly.


 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

   

As our heroine embarks on a journey that challenges her naivety and social preconceptions, it leads her to realise that she has become so focused on the lives of others that she failed to see what's right in front of her own eyes...

 




If I was stuck on a desert island, I would take the 2009 adaptation of Emma as it is my favourite! I think Johnny Lee Miller and Romola Garai are perfect as Emma and Mr. Knightly! Johnny is very handsome and Romola is very pretty.

Some of my favourite scenes are;

The Dance
The Proposal
The conversation on the bench
When Emma says she cannot marry Mr. Knightly and he comforts her in a tender, loving way.  The ending is perfect!

I also love the costumes in this adaptation. Everything about Emma is lovely and I enjoyed this version so much I read the novel which is great too. I also love the part where Mr. Knightly holds Emma's hand when they go talk to her father it is nice because Emma is very worried and Mr. Knightly is comforting her again. Why can't all men be like an Jane Austen hero? Sigh....
 


                                                                   
 
 
 
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment