Saturday 20 July 2013

Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild


One of my favourite children's books is Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. I first read Ballet Shoes in 2011. I was unwell so I grabbed my paperback copy and went to bed. I instantly fell in love with it. It made me feel better, warm and cosy. I loved the story so much that my Mum bought me this beautiful hardback edition by The Folio Society for my 23rd birthday in 2012.







Pauline, Petrova and Posy are orphans, found by Great Uncle Matthew (or Gum) on his travels. Pauline was rescued from a shipwreck, Petrova from a Russian hospital and Posy from a family who could not afford to keep her. Sent to live with Gum’s niece Sylvia in London, the girls choose their own surname – Fossil – vowing to put it ‘into history books’. But with Gum away and money short, their ambitions must take second place to earning a living. Salvation comes in the shape of a free education from Madame Fidolia at the Children’s Academy of Dancing and Stage Training. Posy is a natural dancer and Pauline has a gift for acting, but Petrova would rather be left alone to read about cars and aeroplanes. For all the sisters, being a star isn't as easy as it looks…


I highly recommend this wonderful children's story and you can read it at any age. I hope you love reading this magical book as much as I do! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment