Sunday 11 November 2012

Anne of Green Gables by L.M.Montgomery

 
 
 
 
Everyone's favourite redhead, the spunky Anne Shirley, begins her adventures at Green Gables, a farm outside Avonlea, Prince Edward Island. When the freckled girl realizes that the elderly Cuthberts wanted to adopt a boy instead, she begins to try to win them and, consequently, the reader, over.

I tried to read this book when I was a child but I found it dull. I have just finished reading it and I really enjoyed it! Anne does talk a lot which can become annoying at times but overall I think it is lovely book with likeable characters.

Anne of Green Gables is entertaining, funny in parts and easy to follow. This book is lovely to read with a nice with a cup of tea. I would recommend to anyone who likes old fashioned stories. xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment